Loading Please Wait
Loading Please Wait
LAST UPDATE: August 15 2021
1201 Bathurst Street has sat vacant and derelict since 2015/2016. The future of the property is unknown at present. Of note is that neighbouring 1203 Bathurst Street is also vacant and that there may be an ongoing development-related land assembly further south on this block.
1201 Bathurst Street consists of a house structure constructed in 1890 with a mid-1920s addition - including a ground floor storefront unit - on its Bathurst Street elevation.
1201 Bathurst Street was first home to William H. Miller - a carpenter by trade - who lived here in 1890.
By 1891, 1201 Bathurst Street was home to Jeremiah Downs - a brickmaker.
The Bathurst Street addition of 1201 Bathurst Street - including the ground floor storefront - was constructed in the mid-1920s. Early commercial tenants of 1201 Bathurst Street included: Johnson and Pope - confectionary and tobacconists (circa. 1926); David Boyd - who ran a small restaurant (circa. 1935); and the Lorraine Sandwich Shop (circa. 1940).
While modified with a 1920s addition, 1201 Bathurst Street is one of only three surviving 19th century properties on Bathurst Street between Davenport Road and Dupont Street. The other two 19th century properties are: The Tollkeepers Cottage (c. 1835) at the northwest corner of Bathurst Street and Davenport Road, which was moved to its current location in 1996; and 1203 Bathurst Street (circa. 1889).
During the 1980s, 1201 Bathurst Street was home to The Loop bar and restaurant.
1201 Bathurst Street was most recently home to the Dos Amigos Mexican bar and restaurant, which shut around 2015. Since 2015/2016, 1201 Bathurst Street has vacant and derelict.
Of note is that neighbouring 1203 Bathurst Street is also vacant and that there may be an ongoing development-related land assembly further south on this block.
© 2021 ACO Toronto email@example.comTop