Loading Please Wait
Loading please wait

Loading Please Wait
Loading please wait

Architectural Conservancy Ontario

Facebook
Twitter Instagram

Facebook Twitter Instagram

Architectural Conservancy Ontario

The past. Our present. Your future.

TOBuilt: SEARCH:    BACK TO RESULTS  |  FULL RECORD  |  NEW SEARCH
264 Augusta Avenue

LAST UPDATE: July 21 2021

login to edit this building

264 Augusta Avenue, Toronto - November 2019 - Photograph by Adam Wynne

264 Augusta Avenue, Toronto - November 2019 - Photograph by Adam Wynne

AT RISK INFORMATION
At risk status:
This building is at risk

Info:

264 Augusta Avenue has been derelict and vacant since approximately 2010. The property is in a deteriorating condition and its future is uncertain. 

BUILDING INFORMATION
Name & Location
264 Augusta Avenue
264 Augusta Avenue
Kensington-Chinatown, Toronto

OTHER IDENTIFICATION
Notes:

264 Augusta Avenue was constructed in 1889/1890 and replaced an earlier structure on the site. 

264 Augusta Avenue was originally a semi-detached house. Its southern half (262 Augusta Avenue) was demolished and the lot consolidated as part of the adjacent St. Stephen's Community House Property (258 Augusta Avenue). 264 Augusta Avenue itself is presently consolidated as part of the property to the north (264-268 Augusta Avenue). 

 

The first occupant of 264 Augusta Aveune was William H. Steele who resided here from 1890 until 1900. William H. Steele was a travelling representative / salesman for John W. Scales - a wholesale tobacconist who was based in Toronto.  

As of 1901, 264 Augusta Avenue was home to Edgar L. Laur and William B. Laur - a commercial merchant. The Laurs were still at this address as of 1905. 

 

Subsequently, by 1910, 264 Augusta Avenue was home to Ellen Gallagher - the widow of Andrew J. Gallagher. 

 

The upper levels of 264 Augusta Avenue have been reclad with stucco. 

 

264 Augusta Avenue has been derelict and vacant since approximately 2010. The property is in a deteriorating condition and its future is uncertain.  

Year Completed:
1889/1890

Map:
Loading Map

Companies:
No data at this time

BUILDING DATA
Main Style:

Sources:
This structure has 0 sources.

TOBuilt: SEARCH:    BACK TO LIST  |  FULL RECORD

© 2021 ACO Toronto tobuilt@acotoronto.ca

Top