Robinson Cottages 703-705 Richmond Street West Niagara, Toronto
James Lukin Robinson built 32 Garrison Common Cottages ( also known as Robinson Cottages & misidentified in city records for some time as Robertson Cottages) for the soldiers of Fort York in the 1850´s. All the Garrison Common Cottages on Adelaide St. are gone, but 7 cottages remain on Adelaide St. W, and 6 cottages are left on Mitchell Ave. These are now among the oldest residential houses tin Toronto.
4 of the cottages on Richmond St. W. are listed with Toronto Heritage. A Demolition Permit has been applied for 2 of the cottages on Mitchell Ave. and 2 more are for sale and being advertised as potential for demolition & rebuild. ALL of the cottages should be listed with Toronto Heritage and protected as a valuable part of Toronto´s history.